Die Kompaktinformationen im unteren Teil der Tafeln geben Ihnen einen kurzen Überblick zu den Inhalten an ihren Standorten.
Obige Karte ist auf jeder weiteren Tafel zu finden. Der jeweilige Standort ist mit einem roten Punkt markiert.
1. The City Hall Bridge
The farmers indicated earlier the Büchelberg road as the canter or the Rennweg, as they were able to take to cross at high speed with their carts, the shallow end of the Pfinz to City Hall. 1831 urged the Health Committee that the sudden cooling the overheated horses could suffer Ieicht. Not least, of course, and to facilitate traffic and to protect against the flooding was a bridge built here in 1840. Although they remained unscathed until the war ended, she was born on 3 April 1945 exploded.
2. The guest house "Kanne" and Johann Nikolaus von Nidda
In the 17th and 18th century there were numerous inns in Grötzingen. Among them was the 1632 built "pot", which was located here in today's Nidda place. The name of the place goes to one of their hosts, Johann Nikolaus von Nidda, back, had brought it to wealth and prestige in the village. Get remained only the former entrance to the large archway elsewhere in the square after the Second World War.
The top image shows still the old course of the Pfinz by today's Mill Road.
3. The Pfinzmühle at Nidda place
Due to the relatively large number of four mills within the village the importance Grötzingens as a possession of the monastery Weissenburg is clear. The "Pfinzmühle" to which a millstone and two carved stones before or at the house Mühlstr. Remember 8, stood at the mouth of the mill race in the Pfinz. This former mill made ??from 1907 even temporarily for the current in the old "pot" over before it was destroyed in a fire in 1930.
The images can imagine the size of the property.
4. The Rathausgässle
In medieval villages small alleys between the major roads were common to facilitate the people fetching water at public fountains. Over time, they are often gone by modern building measures or, as here in Grötzingen by the devastation of the Second World War. A portion of the left visible in the upper image building or the building line of this page could be preserved. The right side, however, has disappeared and given way to today's road.
5. Jewish Life in Grötzingen
In the 19th century there was a thriving Jewish community in Grötzingen with a small church, which also includes the Durlacher Jews came. The simple building from 1798 was around 100 years later strengthened. However, like most synagogues, it was the Kristallnacht pogrom victims. Even today there is the cemetery in 1905 applied Won Hälden (photo below), the Jews no longer had after its completion on the association cemetery after Obergrombach where they had buried since the 17th century the dead.
6. At the Pfinz and the Mühlgraben
Until the 20th century the Pfinz shaped the image of Grötzinger village. On the north side of the square today Nidda they flowed to the west past the ancient Jewish trading house Sinauer & Veith, which was after the expropriation by the Nazis to City Hall 2. Narrow paths lead along it simple and boardwalks provided an opportunity to cross.
The picture below shows a mill race with the former Garantol factory left and the houses of the present street "An der Pfinz".
7. The Mühlstrasse
Until the correction of Pfinz the Grötzinger lived with the flood and its destructive force. Width waterways attracted through the middle of the center and left little room for the traffic that came entirely as the flooding ceased. The last flood in 1931 the old mill building had been destroyed by fire and only a few parts so far rebuilt.
(Cf.. Upper photo, the mill was located on the right side, the small stone wall is part of the broken Dreschhalle the mill.)
8. From Tavern to Church
1632 was the inn "pot" built by the host Knobloch at the site of the present Nidda place. In the magnificent house in the center of the village the guests arrived so numerous that it has been repeatedly extended and expanded. However, recently made ??the inflation of the 1920s also not stop there, the site was sold in 1922 and was the local Methodist church to purchase the building and the property. In 1944 during a bombing raid the house was destroyed and the church was again without a home. In 1951 she built in the former inn garden a new church, the Christ Chapel.
9. The Floßgraben
The quarries in the north and south of the village were for the cities Durlach and Karlsruhe in the 17th and 18th centuries a major source of building material. The transport took place from 1699 on the waterway, to the detriment of the farmers who had carried so far in the winter months the stones on carts and so had another source of income. Here at this point that the forked Pfinz and Floßgraben whose path today is roughly equivalent to the corrected Pfinz. If we survey the river, you can see the grave raft bridge, which was converted over time from wood, stone in concrete (see FIG. Above photo).
10. The Kirchbrücke
Since the year 1559 was between today's Mill Road and the Martin-Luther-Platz a bridge connecting the town center with the church district. The zweijochige stone bridge was eliminated during Pfinzkorrektur and replaced by a concrete bridge.
Below the church bridge was the diversion of the raft trench, which through a spillway, water was supplied, ensure that trade ships to Durlach and Karlsruhe was possible even at low tide.
11. The Pfinzkorrektion
The last flood, which had come far beyond its shores the Pfinz, experienced the Grötzinger 1931 Three years later they began construction of a discharge channel and a straightened river bed. Through the war years, the completion within the village delayed until 1950 and until 1958 it completed the last part up to Berghausen. The strong lowering and high sandstone walls but also the former townscape is a meandering river disappeared with its foothills. The Pfinzkorrektion takes over the course of the old raft trench.
12. The Martin-Luther-Straße
Until the incorporation of the city of Karlsruhe, the Martin-Luther-Straße was called Wilhelmstrasse, after Margrave Wilhelm, who gave the church the former court premises. Middle of the 19th century was inaugurated here with the construction of the railway line Karlsruhe-Pforzheim also the first Grötzinger station.
As in the lower photo (view to the Martin-Luther-Platz) visible, the road and thus the tracks were often flooded during the floods Pfinz.
In the 1980s, the houses of the southern side of the street were demolished (on the two photos to the right).
13. The Martin-Luther-Platz
Previously donated large lime trees in the square and along the Martin-Luther-Straße shadow. Already in 1930 overturned at a major storm a few of them and had to be removed. Then we took advantage of the opportunity in 1933 of the 450th birthday of Martin Luther, to name the former Linde place after the reformer, and had plants in his honor an oak tree at the site of the old linden tree. After the incorporation Grötzingens 1974 and the adjoining stretch of road was named after the famous theologian.
14. The Tavern "Zum Bären"
The old church Gas wine was the basis for a brewery that Christoph Hofmann opened here in 1842. About 30 years later built his son Georg Appel the property and called the restaurant "The Bear". In 1900 came through the Durlacher brewery Eglau still a hall along the railway line, a beer garden and a bowling alley so.
With the world wars changed the fate of the inn. Initially it was used from 1917 as plague hospital, rebuilt in 1920 by the municipality to housing and ultimately destroyed in April 1944 during an air raid.
15. The Kirchstrasse
The Church Street is probably one of the oldest roads of the town and is probably due to the first settlements of the Franks in the 6th and 7th century on both sides of the Pfinz back. After the merging of the two settlements, the road was completely built many centuries, until the railway line they cut in two parts in 1861. By expanding the August Castle Road and the underpass of the railway still more houses had to be demolished for road development.
The pictures show the building was as tight here until the 20th century.
16. The Tavern "Zum Schwan"
Already at the beginning of the 18th century was the restaurant "The Swan", but it was at that time a few doors south of the church road. After they had it moved in 1762 to its current location, the inn was expanded several times over the years. First, the former host Reichard Jordan built the handsome corner building and later arrived on the western side and a beer garden and a hall so.
All the buildings were the bombs on the night of April 24, 1944 to the victim.
17. The Kirchstraße 11 - the house Burst
Long after the Second World War had to expansion of roads or for creating a new infrastructure many historic buildings to be demolished. This included the house burst into Church Street 11 After the loss of Bear Hall, which served as a gymnastics facility for the students Grötzinger until its destruction in World War II, a modern replacement had to be created.
The old decorated sand stone archway of the house was obtained on the wall of the school building during ascent to the schoolyard.
18. The old cemetery
After prehistoric cemeteries at smaller leaves and place around the Church a new cemetery north-east of the churchyard was laid out for the grown village and the many deaths of the 30-year war. Ultimately, it included the area of present-day schoolyard, a part of the gym, the new school building and the swimming pool in the 1960s. After another installation on the outskirts of the village in 1924 only a few tombs have been preserved on the outer wall of the church.
The images still show how widely was the build area today.
19. The Protestant Church
At the site of the present Protestant church was already in the early Middle Ages, a small chapel, later a Romanesque choir tower. In the 15th century, the Gothic style church was renewed and enlarged, and finally completed with the construction of the west tower.
Inside the Church of the Crucifix of a South German master from around 1500 dominated Facilities also include the painting of the choir arch from the same period, several tombs and modern triptych of Grötzinger artist Helmut Lingg. (Text of this table of Dr. Peter Güß)
20. The Augustenburg
The history of the stately home Castle Augustenburg goes back to the 16th century. At that time, Margrave Christoph I. an old house converted into a benefice pleasure palace. Charles II built. 1,576 the three-bladed system, the later named after Augusta Maria in 1699 rebuilt and refurbished. End of the 19th century, after the acquisition of the Castle by Otto Fikentscher, lived here at times more painters of Grötzinger artist colony as Gustav Kampmann, Karl Tuck and Franz Hein. Since 1978, after extensive refurbishment and the construction of the new wing, the castle is used as a retirement home.
21. The Grollenberg and the Luisenhof
From here, pulls the street "Am resentment Mountain", one of the Grötzinger ravines, up towards the mountain tower. You and the eponymous have Won from the rubble, the flushed her name rainwater again and again from the slopes to the valley.
Next to it is the former Luisenhof, the brother of the painter Friedrich Kallmorgen, Georg, 1896 was create as a summer home for himself and his wife Luise. After the property was conducted from 1924 to 1951 as a guest house, the Catholic community acquired him for a kindergarten. The old building had to give newer buildings from the 1960s and 1980s and 2012.
22. The Krapphouse
1710 were for Augusta Maria Margravine other buildings around her widow seat Augustenburg completed. These included the Staigbrücke and the earlier located here barn and coach building. 50 years after her death moved the Margrave sons Friedrich and Ludwig 1778 Durlacher madder plant in the former stables. After a few years the property was too small and the water supply was not sufficient. So we had to move the factory to the Pfinz. The old Krapp has received several redeveloped and ultimately demolished in 1962.
23. The Catholic Church
In the Protestant since the Reformation village Grötzingen formed until the late 19th century a growing Catholic community. In the years following the first world war one had to be even with the converted villa Fritsche at the site of the present parsonage satisfied. But the steady influx of workers and citizens of the Residenz Karlsruhe left the church for the small makeshift church become too large, so that in 1931 the current Holy Cross Church was built. In place of the makeshift church came in 1955 the rectory to the church hall.
24. The Bullet
End of the 19th century, the arms and ammunition factory, a subsidiary of Deutsche metal cartridge factory, here in Won Speitel moved on. For the safety of the population Iediglich allowed the quantity of two rail cars are stored with cartridges at the factory. After a brief closure in 1918 they built up to the second world war, the operation continues, until the work was, however, almost entirely destroyed in an air raid on 24 April 1944. Although we built the factory area in the post-war tent again and operational since 1960, it was stlllgegelegt Ietztlich 1972. Today there exists the housing development of the 1970s / 80s.
25. The Oberausbridge
Already in 1567 is at this point by a "web brimming over" reported the particular shepherds served as a transition from stone in 1608 on the way from the leaves space to the mountain ringlet and the wooden carts from Pforzheim to Leopoldshafen. In the 18th century it had a small bridge still extended to three yokes before it was torn down in 1824 during heavy flooding. The few weeks later constructed new building you blew the end of the second world war. After a wooden Notbau was created in 1952, today's transition with aphorisms of the destroyed city hall bridge and later donated the Holy Nepomuk.
26. An der Pfann
For a long time two functions with this place and the Pfinz connected. On the opposite side of the river water was introduced into the mill-race, so that the operation of the flour mill was secured to the Nidda place. The abundance was recycled through the spillway again in the Pfinz. Once there, you could use from 1699 on so-called Flözloch the ships for transporting bricks to Durlach and later also to Karlsruhe.
Both images show the open river before the correction.
27. Along the Pfinz
Also for the everyday work of the women of the river was desperately needed. They washed here on the grounds of the supermarkets, the old Feindhagwiesen, their clothes and bleached it here. In the wash-house, which was located on the shore between Oberau bridge and the double weir (top photo), was an impeller with a dog pumped water from the Pfinz.
Around 1900 were built next to the bleach a small bathhouse for the girls, consisting of a half side open timber with steps in the Pfinz. A tense until the middle of the river canvas should keep prying eyes away.
28. s Gässle
For a long time the alleyways, which meant 1974 peace road to the incorporation, the eastern end Grötzingens. Above on Friedrichstrasse formerly stood a gate that separated the place of the distant past meadows.
1904 created by Friedrich Kallmorgen painting this idyllic charming back alleys shows the typical village life of those days. On the right you can see the children at the fountain, as they have brought the pots and pans from the kitchen and clean here. The left to be seen geese had their pasture on the meadows in front of goal. It was not until 1910 had the Grötzinger houses a water pipe.
29. The beer cellar
Behind the closed door hides one of the ice and beer cellar, which has given both here in the Friedrichstrasse and on the slope of August's in greater numbers. They served as the brewery here Ghent from Durlach, warehousing and cold storage of beer. The ice that was also incorporated into the tunnels, were cut on designated Eiswiesen and brought it with carts to the cellars.
Even today in the green angle small street named "On the Eiswiesen" afterwards.
30. The Laubplatz
The actual square of the village was formerly here on the foliage space. Here not only trade was conducted, but the shepherds gathered together the animals of the farmers for the summer and Tagweiden. Transhumance was today Büchelberg road. From some old pasture, the name has been preserved as Won designation until today such. Example of the Roßweid.
Every year on the third Sunday and the feast of the fair was held for several days on the court in September.
31.The Tavern "Zum Laub" and the great winepress
On the west side of the square leaves the inn were "to foliage" and the great winepress. The inn was known far beyond Grötzingen out as posh and also attracted the Karlsruhe bourgeoisie in its beautiful chestnut trees. In the wine next to the peasants had to pay for the Margrave compulsory labor and deliver a part of the wine in the Tithe Barn.
After the decline of viticulture firefighters initially used parts of the old wine press, and built by the destruction of 1944 a new building. 1973 was also removed the ramshackle inn in favor of an extension of the fire.
32. The fire department
As the first volunteer fire department in Germany, the Durlacher club founded in 1846 and was able to prove its usefulness few months later the Karlsruhe theater fire also equal. In Grötzingen this form of organization did not begin until 1874. Until then, the traditional fire-fighting by the residents, led by a First Sergeant fire.
The current building on the foliage Place stands on the site of the former wine press, in which one first up to the war destruction einlagerte the equipment. On the same site was erected in 1951 a new building was extended in 1975 and 2010.
33. Finds from the early days
In the area of the old district Grötzingens refer to the already numerous finds early settlement of this region. It follows from the second and third century Roman finds have been made on the tower mountain, and in the Staigstraße and in other parts of the village. But probably only the Franks settled in the 6th century, the village permanently, on both sides of the Pfinz. To point graves that were found in the church as well as here on the foliage space.
The lower figure shows a grave with short sword and dagger as adjuncts.
34. Im Unterviertel
Until 1974, called the location on the western edge of the village road to the adjacent large wine at the Feast place. The current name "In the neighborhood" refers to the division of the village into four quarters, which was common before the introduction of the street name.
The conversion of the wine for the fire took place gradually. On the upper photo of the patch for the fire on the roof hose drying tower is visible on the building. Behind the gates leading to the street, the syringes and equipment were housed.
35. On the old outskirts of the village
1895, from the "Turnverein Grötzingen" the club "track free" with young, socially democratic men of the working class. Here in the pond gardens you could acquire a larger area for a sports field in 1903 initially. Due to the increasing number of members who were in 1923 increased to over 400, it was then even able to build a separate hall with a big stage.
This was in 1933 seized the prohibition of the association and sold in 1950 by the reunited to TSV gymnastics clubs in the neighboring company Danker. After 1988, the buildings standing here and the playground originated.
36. The Turmberg and the crest of Grötzingen
The tower contained in the district coat of arms is a symbol of the formerly belonging to Grötzingen Turmberg with its inhabited by the Lords of Grötzingen castle. Only in the early 16th century came the Turmberg to Durlacher district and became the "Durlacher Turmberg". The current coat of arms, which was used in the 15th century and is without the Baden page to find later than spotting or community character is used as the district coat of arms since the affiliation of the village to the city of Karlsruhe. For incorporation in 1974 Karlsruhe promised, among other things, the meeting and the Emil-Arheit Hall.
37. The Hühnerlochschleuse
Before the correction of Pfinz her course a piece moved here far along the road and was divided by the little chickens hole lock. The main stream went on to Durlach to local city and backup for the mill operation. About a control case and a long, stone weir, clearly visible on both photos, became part of the torrent, the original Pfinzverlauf direction Blankenloch supplied.
Two bridges led across the river. Here, right on the defensive initially a small wooden bridge, in 1877 replaced by the "Iron Bridge" from Fiessler (photo below), and at the Edelmänne the transition in the Won Beun (photo above).
38. The old school house
After the first two smaller school buildings the then two-storey palace school was built next to the church in 1827 initially. The constantly growing population, however, another new building had to follow soon. Some citizens wanted it on the northern side of the village. Corner Niddastraße and Schustergasse resulted in a two-story building, which was named after the increase again required the school district in the parish of the name "old school".
The building was completely destroyed in the second world war.
39. The town hall
Today's city hall from 1668 stands on the stone base of its predecessor of 1583 To the east is still the entrance visible in the small hall, which was later umgenutit the guardroom. Artfully the names of the builders and the local coat of arms are carved into the corner posts of the ornate truss. the roof
floor was once used as a warehouse for grain and herbs from the commons. The convenient location of the four streets of the Do, fviertel was in the 20th century to the detriment. Only with the traffic calming in the 1970s was the importance of the old building back to full advantage.
Templates by Hans Knab revised by Simone Dietz
Übersetzt mit Hilfe von Google. Freue mich über die Zusendung "natürlicher" Übersetzungen :-)